The Discover series of Mini-Domes delivers a vandal resistant camera solution at a non-vandal resistant price. This series of high performance Mini-Domes includes high impact, vandal resistant dome housings built to withstand even the harshest environments. Unlike other dome housings in the industry, which are made of metal, the Discover series housing is made with extremely durable composite and polycarbonate materials that have "shape memory". The Discover housing comes with a choice of clear or tinted vandal resistant bubbles and includes a bubble liner to make it more covert. An advanced pivoting axis lets you position the camera at exactly the angle you need, while optimal white balance provides the clearest, most color-perfect images possible.
With three different types of mini-domes to choose from, there's a Discover solution just right for your particular requirements.
The Discover wide dynamic range (WDR) Mini-Dome uses over 504 lines of resolution and a pixel-by-pixel shutter speed that lets you see better in areas where both very bright and dark areas exist, such as an entranceway. This model also features up to a 2x digital zoom to get an even closer view of the action. Night-Saver mode improves performance in low light situations, automatically switching from color to monochrome as light dims and reverting back to color once light is restored. The WDR mini-dome also includes a DVR-Saver mode which helps conserve valuable hard drive space, reducing the size of video files by up to 30% when used with an Intellex® digital video management system.
The Discover high resolution Mini-Dome has 540 TVL and also includes a user-selectable Night-Saver mode. For challenging lighting environments, a selectable expanded auto white balance mode is available. Vivid colors and powerful low light performance provide some of the best images available on the market today.
The Discover standard resolution camera offers a cost effective solution for the value-conscious with 330 TVL. It is available with a 3.8 – 9.5 mm vari-focal, auto iris lens. The Discover series includes a drone option—which looks like a mini-dome from the outside but without a camera inside—and is perfect for crime deterrence at an even greater cost savings.
* High impact vandal resistant housing that retains shape even after forceful impact
* High impact vandal resistant polycarbonate bubbles (clear and tinted)
* Snap-on bubble liner for an extra level of covertness
* Advanced pivoting axis provides greater viewing flexibility
* Three quality auto iris lens options for better image quality and improved low light performance
* Multiple camera options, including WDR model with latest Pixim technology
* Night-Saver mode for extreme low light conditions
* Easy installation with eight mounting options (surface, flush, pendant, wall, wall-pole, wall-exterior corner, inside corner, electrical box) Discover Drone option
* IP66 and NEMA4X-rated for -30° to 50°C (-22° to 122°F)
* Optional heater kit for -50°C (-58°F)